Conflict Intelligence, refers to how people engage in conflict or disputes and the mind set and strategies they employ, based upon their prior learning, understanding of themselves and others, and life experience. This also includes their awareness of cognitive, emotional, and behavioural elements that may contribute to, or escalate such interactions. In addition, their awareness of others, and their systemic understanding, that is being applied to their particular dispute.
It is also important to be aware that not all disputes are the same and some can be much more severe and enduring in their development. To the degree that reaching agreements or directly attempting to resolve issues may not be possible, even after protracted mediation or litigation. In these types of enduring and deep disputes, it can be extremely useful to understand and approach the dispute from a more systemic perspective.
With the ultimate aim of encouraging the dispute system away from its limited negative trajectory and towards more positive circumstances needed for its evolution. It is recognised that by strategically increasing your awareness of the above and by utilising this information. You can dramatically increase your conflict intelligence, enabling you to maximise your ability to engage, manage and transform your dispute in a more constructive direction.
Developing Conflict Intelligence
Effective dispute resolution and transformation is not about avoiding conflict, being passive or aggressive, rather it is an opportunity to engage in creative change and adaptation. It involves employing strategies that enable individuals and organisations to constructively increase their understanding of their circumstances, whilst also increasing awareness as to how they may also be inadvertently contributing to their dispute. This enables assertive and constructive communication, whilst also increasing insightful awareness of both themselves and the other parties involved. This process maximises the opportunity for generating new options, constructive outcomes and creating the right environment for reaching consensual agreements. Whilst simultaneously aiming to reduce the significant negative emotional impact and possible financial loss upon those involved, whether it be of a personal, family or professional nature. Ultimately, how parties increase self awareness learn and develop new creative strategies for dispute resolution based on the above, is fundamental in reaching consensual agreements and in changing deeper dynamics and old patterns that may have maintained their dispute over a protracted period.
Our approaches to dispute resolution, including developing conflict intelligence, enhancing strategic communication, dispute coaching and psychologically informed mediation, aim to transform disputes in a more constructive direction. They are based upon scientific and psychological principles that under pin conflict and creating the necessary circumstances to facilitate the transformation of a broad range of disputes.
- By seeking to understand the complex sequence of interactions and narrative that may have led to and be maintaining your dispute from a psychological perspective. We can assist you to change and transform the dispute pattern in a more constructive direction.
- We can help mitigate the unproductive animosity, and the forming of rigid adversarial positions on both sides that may often prevent resolution. With the additional aim of reducing the psychological impact of such disputes.
- We help you identify areas of possible self deception and conflict blindness which may also be contributing to the outcome you do not want.
- By intervening on your behalf at the earliest stage in your dispute, we can increase the likelihood of giving you more control of its possible outcome. We can also assist you in increasing your options for engaging and communicating rather than relying solely on adversarial litigation as your only alternative.
- We also offer ongoing assistance and individual dispute coaching to either one both parties in dispute. Offering advice on managing your dispute and seeking to improve communication.
- By working with you, we can assist you in developing more effective problem solving strategies to meet your needs and transforms your dispute.
- We can in addition help you to communicate your concerns in a way that decreases resistance, increases understanding and acknowledgement and where appropriate builds greater trust.
To review some of our client feedback please click (Testimonials). In the unfortunate event that further litigation is still necessary, in many instances we can still assist, particularly to ensure that your narrative is understood and that you also feel listened to. In addition, that the need for litigation is continually approached with a constructive attitude and long term outcome in mind and that you feel supported throughout the process. Contact us today in confidence to discuss how we can assist you